9.10.2010

Facebook status updates that were almost...

"First they came for the Koran burning pastor in Florida, and I said nothing..."

"Would Paul Krugman stop writing columns if I told him I was offended and threatened violence?"

"Bikkhus, the All is on fire..."

"Where was this indignation when Jesus Camp was released?"

"Before the Holocaust, Nazis refrained from burning Korans."

"If a Christian told an American cartoonist to stop drawing Jesus, and threatened violence, should the cartoonist self censor?"

"Can somebody turn the sensitivity down in here?"

"Should other people's bad values be respected?"

"Cyril was made a saint for burning the whole library of Alexandria, so don't say that book burning is 'against the principles of Christianity.' "

"What's worse: inciting violence, or doing violence?"

"Were those Korans going to be English translations, or...?"

"In private conversations, you've all agreed with me about the frivolity of Koran burning; publicly, silence?"

Freud: "What progress we are making. In the Middle Ages they would have burned me. Now they are content with burning my books."

"The paper burns, but the words fly away." --Akiba ben Joseph

"Not burning a Koran on Saturday will offend me, and I will retaliate with thunderous violence."

"Mark Twain once said, 'people should burn Korans sometimes, just to keep 'em honest.' "

"Hey, has anyone ever read the Koran?"

"New Marketing Opportunity: fire retardant Korans!!!"

1 comment:

Casey said...

One too sensitive even for my front page:

"Doesn't having abortions incite violence among Christian extremists? People shouldn't have abortions."