8.22.2010

Vote Alvin Greene!

This is honestly the funniest thing I know about:

The greatest thing going on in the world right now is Alvin Greene (D), nominee for Senate in South Carolina. Pleeeeeze, if you aren't paying attention, start paying attention! Greene has an outside chance of ousting incumbent Jim DeMint (R).

At Keith Larson's page on wbt.com (my local news-radio station), there are ten interviews with Alvin Greene. Each one is solid. gold. But I really recommend the most recent (the tenth) interview. I can't link directly to the interviews, but I can offer a link to Keith Larson's page. After you follow that link, it's pretty easy to find interview #10.

Larson does an excellent job in all of these interviews keeping it together, but sometimes you can hear in his voice the pure astonishment. Anyway, seriously, Alvin Greene is taking me into the next level. I have long thought that politics was sort of serious business, and gotten more involved emotionally than I would like. Alvin Greene is teaching me not to be so serious.

Keith Olbermann clearly isn't in on the joke. In his own interview with A-Greene, Olbermann employs language that Hemingway would've described as "speaking with that omission of syntax stupid people employ when talking to drunken people or foreigners."

3 comments:

淑洪娟 said...

困難的不在於新概念,而在於逃避舊有的概念。......................................................................

fenhopper said...

i'm voiting for 淑洪娟!

Casey said...

I'm pretty sure that if 淑洪娟 ends up in office, he'll have been appointed to the position by party members, not "voted" in.