9.06.2009

Postmodernism is really cocaine, fly-agaric tea, Babylonian mysticism, and money.

I've been pushing Victor Pelevin for years -- not just on this blog, but also on my old one. I've been waiting since at least 2007 for the Russians to get their crap together and make this film. The film, "Generation P," is based on a book that I first read in 2003 (it was published in 1999 in Russia, and translated into English in 2001) called Homo Zapiens. The cover gives you some idea of how great the book was:


Anyway, check out the trailer for the movie -- it looks like the highest quality production I've ever seen out of Russia (possibly excluding Alexander Sokurov's Russian Ark). The movie will be released in February of 2010... look for it shortly thereafter on Netflix:



(Did you notice the protagonist, Babylen Tatarsky, playing old-school Mario?)

No comments: