Sometimes when I'm driving around in New England, I think other people might like it -- but then I remember how strong the influence of Tom Petty can be.
I just spent 14 full days without ever being apart from my wife, driving more than 2,200 miles, from Charlotte, NC, to Saginaw, MI, to Providence, RI... by the time I got home, I lost the concept of "home" altogether.
But, as Twain said, a touch romantically, "Wheresoever she [my wife] was, there was Eden."
Predictions for 2009:
- The Dow Jones index will close Dec. 31st of '09 below 9000.
- You'll hear more about the IMF, "Breton Woods," and the apocalypse.
- A major hurricane will wipe Kanye West off the map.
- The pattern of Global Cooling will continue (the pattern that began in 1998).
- Bailouts and government initiatives will rise to 2 trillion dollars.
- Unemployment will rise to 8% +.
- In the world of fashion: patches on clothing will be in style (remember '83?).
- More organic, more vegan, more raw -- less fast food.
- A problem with Russia.
- Some kind of pro-marijuana rally.
- Obama will prove boring, but "safe."
- French "youth" will be fun to watch this summer.
- Economic-conservatives unofficially split with Moralist-Republicans.
- Most overused word: authentic.
- Oscar goes to: Doubt
- New York Yankees: lose in ALCS
- Resurgence of Pin-up girls